Monday 16 March 2009

Guerrilla Art

Guerrilla Art, or Street Art is any art developed in public places, Such as Graffiti, street posters etc. I believe street art acts as a good platform in which opinions, or views on particular subjects by a particular person can be shared with the public.

I am a big fan of Banksy's work. His artworks are often satirical pieces of art on topics such as politics, culture, and ethics.

I took this photo of Banksy's work when I went to Bristol, I was so excited to see this in real life!

I also associate graffiti with gang culture, 'street tags' Gangs marking there territory. I am also drawn to the colours in Street art, I love how vivid and bright and the shear scale of them. Below is a photograph i took on behalf of a friend. Here you can see I was very much inspired by the whole idea of Graffiti and Gang Culture from a Fashion point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment